A Shower For Baby Liam

I don’t consider myself a very crafty or creative person.  Everyone always says, “But, your photography is creative”.  Yeah, that’s where my creativity stops.  So, when Jill and I decided to co-host a baby shower for her sister and my good friend, Jamie, I had a ton of great ideas, but I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to pull it off.  We worked and worked and worked and I think I made 1001 trips to Michaels, but I think we pulled off the vision we were going for!  The theme of the shower was based around Liam’s nursery colors.  Jamie sewed some awesome bedding and the fabric had circles.  So, I also incorporated circles into the theme as well.

It was a picture perfect, Southern California day for the shower.  I was worried about it being too hot or too windy or even too cold.  But, it ended up being sunny and 85.  Pretty perfect if you ask me!  Besides it being a beautiful day it was just so much fun to celebrate Jamie and Baby Liam.  It was great to catch up with old friends and make some new ones.  Now we just have to wait a few more weeks for Baby Liam to make his appearance!  You can bet he will be a well photographed baby!

It’s hard being a hostest and getting all the shots, but I tried!

IMG_9371copy copy

IMG_9374copy copy

Even though they were the wrong colors I reused the fun pinwheels I made for Brayden’s first birthday

IMG_9252copy copy

This is before all of the presents ;)  I made baby onesies with little iron on designs.  Pretty easy with my fancy Cricut!

IMG_9206copy copy

Contrary to popular belief the Cricut doesn’t cut fabric.  At least I couldn’t figure it out.  So I made stencils with it and traced the fabric.

IMG_9208copy copy

L is for Liam!

IMG_9211copy copy

Awesome diaper cake made by 4 Leaf Boutique.  Thank you, Erynn!

IMG_9215copy copy

I wish I had taken a wider shot of this, but I was too lazy to change my lens.  I copied an idea that I saw from Joyful Weddings and Events.  This was not easy to make, but I loved the final product!

IMG_9219copy copy

Cake from Beverly’s Best.  Yummy!

IMG_9221copy copy

Cake topper from Target

IMG_9225copy copy

Flowers by Jenny B!  They were so perfect!

IMG_9228copy copy

IMG_9229copy copy

IMG_9231copy copy

Wish I had taken a wider shot of this as well

IMG_9235copy copy

I always wanted an occasion to use mason jars as cups

IMG_9242copy copy

We went for blue and orange drinks.  Unfortunately the blueberry sangria wasn’t really blue

IMG_9238copy copy

IMG_9245copy copy

IMG_9260copy copy

I know it’s faux pas to ask the guest of honor to do anything for their own shower, but since Jamie makes such awesome invitations we asked her to make the party favors.  How cute are they?

IMG_9363copy copy

IMG_9368copy copy

And here’s one of Jill, Jamie, Baby Liam, and me :)

IMG_0757copy

Hope everyone had fun!

Comments

1. Erika says

oh, beautiful shower!!! and beautiful photos! what a lucky woman she is to have a friend as good as you!!!! :-)
    .-= Erika´s last blog ..7D At The Park! =-.

2. OMG!!! Love the photos!!! Loved the shower, you girls did such and AWESOME job!! The perfect team. :) I loved everything, and thank you thank you and thank you from the bottom of my heart!! I don’t think I can say those two little words enough. I love you girls!! And now, you aren’t allowed to say that you aren’t crafty.

And yes, Erika, I agree, I am a very lucky girl to have Drew as a friend. :)

XOXOX, Jamie
    .-= Jamie Bengard´s last blog ..Treats in the Streets =-.

3. Amber says

You did an amazing job! I love all the details. This is totally what I love! Party planning! Love the pictures of it too!
    .-= Amber´s last blog ..Fall =-.

4. nicole Simmons says

Everything was beautiful! You and Jill did awesome…very Martha Stewart

5. Andrea says

Looks awesome! So many cute ideas, love the beverage table!!

6. Katie says

Ahhh…I never even thought of using the Cricut like that!! I’m so excited to make some onesies now. :) And I have an almost 9 month old, so I’m already busy thinking of his big 1 year old birthday party. This gave me some great ideas!! So fun! Love your blog!!

7. Gorgeous shower. Aqua and orange? Best colors ever. What a great day you planned and every detail was so thoughtful. How cute is mama too?
    .-= Julie Carson´s last blog ..Hey you! =-.

8. Emmy says

Well see, not only are you a good photographer but you host awesome baby showers too! Very cute decorations.
    .-= Emmy´s last blog ..I Dreamed a Dream =-.

9. Elizabeth says

Love it! This is awesome. I love the colors and how everything coordinated but wasn’t over the top:)
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Family Pictures =-.

10. Omg, how cute! Makes me what to find a pregnant chick and throw a party for her!

11. Stefanie says

It looks like an incredible baby shower! Everything looks so beautiful!!!
    .-= Stefanie´s last blog ..Bowling Party =-.

12. Jessica says

Those colors are great! Love the details, too. I have recently been trying to use the cricut to cut fabric and even using the blue cutter (deep cut blade) that cuts gumpaste for cakes just fine (www.creativedesignscakes.com) it still snags the fabrics. Too bad, b/c on the infomerical it shows an apple getting easily cut.
    My mom said she is going to ask Provo Crafts about any tricks or tips and that she’ll pass them on if she gets them (she is working w/ them on a project for some cricut stuff)…
    Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I’ve tried all different adhesives and backing and still had trouble cutting fabric…it’s not just you.
    LOVE the whole shower…might try and copy the circle idea for my son’s upcoming b.day party.
    .-= Jessica´s last blog ..27 Days of Thankfulness, Day 8 =-.

13. lisa says

Drew…i just bought the cricut for that same exact reason! haven’t taken it out of the box yet b/c i am too scared to learn. i was just at the craft store over the weekend and there was a girl doing a cricut demo on cutting fabric! i stayed and picked her brain for over an hour. she said it is a bit “hit or miss”, but when she did the demos, it worked just fine. some of the tips she gave me: use a design that is atleast 5 inches tall, nothing with super intricate cuts (blackout works best), set your blade depth as high as it will go, turn you speed down as low as it will go, make sure the fabric is super flat with no air bubbles. hope this helps. i want to try to make some onesies for christmas gifts and new baby gifts as well.

14. admin says

I did all of that, Lisa! And no luck. I even found a tutorial on You Tube and she used blue painters tape to hold the fabric down. I tried that and it still didn’t work! The only thing I didn’t try was a new blade. That may have helped. Once you try it let me know how it works for you!

15. Great job!! It is super cute! I am so glad that you were able to get some inspiration from the backdrop I made :) I didn’t know that you got a cricut. So much fun!! ps- I have not figured out how to cute fabric with it either.

16. Jackie says

With the onesie clothes line on the fireplace did you use a ribbon? Also what size clothespins did you use?

17. Lindsey says

This is the cutest shower I have ever seen!! I am trying to put together one for my cousin and wanted to take some inspiration from you. I have a very dumb question but I cannot tell what material the circle backdrop is and how they are connected together. I am doing colors of pink and green and need more decorations, so I thought that would be perfect! Thanks so much!

18. DrewB says

The circles are just paper. I used a little thicker stock and they are tied together with ribbons. I used my Cricut to cut the circles.

19. Bree says

loving the jars and flower varieties!