Come on, Mama

I’ve noticed over the past couple of years that when I get busy capturing memories for other families, I forget to capture memories of my own family.

I get busy.

I get tired.

I get lazy.

Sometimes picking up my camera to take a picture of B is like work.

And I hate it when taking pictures seems like work.

At that point I would rather just be in the moment and enjoy life rather than taking pictures because I feel like I should.

As my busy season is really coming into full swing I am just saying all of this out loud because I want to be held accountable for capturing memories of my boy.

Like this one.

2.0, 1/250, ISO 640

Brayden’s Auntie Michelle made him this Thomas the Train blanket for his second birthday.  All of a sudden he takes it with him.  Everywhere.  It’s a big, heavy blanket.  He has smaller Thomas blankets.  But he wants the one that Auntie Michelle made for him.

He runs into my office and says, “Come on, Mama.  Come on!”.  And pulls me up out of my chair.  It makes getting any work done during the day very difficult.  But, how can I say no to that face?

2.0, 1/320, ISO 640

I just love that little guy!

2.0, 1/320, ISO 640

Comments

1. Elizabeth says

Cute! My daughter Ella always has to take something with her when we leave. It’s usually a couple of baby dolls and random things like play food….we took a play onion and ketchup to the library one day:)
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Naptime =-.

2. Sarah W. says

He’s a doll!
    Great blanket. I love how huge it is and he’s dragging it around everywhere 🙂
    .-= Sarah W.´s last blog ..Camera Bag Purse =-.

3. Meredith says

Thank you for saying that sometimes remembering to take pictures of B feels like a job. I do that too and it just made me feel better to read that. I sometimes get really excited to take pictures of them and then other days it feels like so much work. Probably because I also want the kids to be dressed cute so I just stress over it. My kids favorite clothes are pjs, or boots with leotards. LOL! Anyway, thanks for the post because it made me feel normal! By the way I’ve been keeping up with your tweets, you’re doing great on your running!!!! Keep it up!
    .-= Meredith´s last blog ..My First Photo Shoot! =-.

4. Amarie says

Great pics! Came across your site while browsing google. I’m also a “mom’tog” lol, and invite you to come by my photography blog (thephotographyboxblog.blogspot.com) or my general blog that I’ve listed with this comment. Will definitely be back to visit again :-).
    .-= Amarie´s last blog ..{New Posts!} =-.

5. Liza says

Your child just could not get more photogenic! He is ADORABLE – tell him his Aunt Liza misses him and will require many moochies next time I’m home 😉

6. Tell FF his Auntie Michelle is so happy he loves his blankie! Maybe I’ll make his a smaller one and see if he likes that one. Love you FF!

7. Laura Susoeff says

Oh my goodness, he is adorable. Drew, you get to see the little man everyday, so you may not notice as much, but he is getting so big. I really am in shock.

8. Heather Jadd says

I love reading your posts. Brayden and my son Noah are super close in age so I can relate to just about everything you write about. Thanks for sharing your tips and your heart. I love your blog! 🙂

9. Karlee says

I am will you! I feel the same way sometimes. B is so cute! Love that BIG smile and beautiful head of hair!

10. Ashley says

Wow, I wish I had more time to read your Blog. First of all your son is gorgeous (and yes, little boys can be pretty & gorgeous) I have 2. I can relate sooo much to this article, I felt like I had wrote it! It’s so nice to know that there are others out there who are in the same situation and admit it. It makes me want to go hug my boys and take pictures of them!

11. Nikki says

He is way too cute and I absolutely adore your photos!!!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Mommy and Me Monday =-.

12. mel says

I LOVE these pictures of B. He looks like such a happy little boy! He has the best smile!
    .-= mel´s last blog ..Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding =-.