Fat Girl

As moms I think we can all appreciate the drastic changes our bodies went through when we were pregnant.  I have a love hate relationship with the after effects of that pregnancy.  I think the stretch marks and the way my body changed are like battle scars.  I love them because without them I wouldn’t have had Brayden.  But, I could also do without them at times.  Like during summer.  When I want to wear a bikini!

I gained over 60 pounds.  I stopped looking when I hit 60.  For my mental health it was better that I stepped on the scale backwards and just ask the nurse  to not tell me.  When I was pregnant, I was hungry ALL THE TIME.  Not like hungry.  Like, if I didn’t get food right that very second I was going to tear someones eye balls out.  Most likely that person was Chuck.  I would call him crying because I was SO hungry, but I didn’t want to eat.  Eating became such a chore.

I lost about half of the baby weight by the time I left the hospital.  With the preeclampsia that I ended up having a lot of the weight was water weight.  The rest of the weight came off in about 6 months.  Now, with running and losing a little more weight it seems like my pooch in my belly is just getting worse.  It’s just saggy skin.  It grosses me out.  And all of the running and sit-ups aren’t going to get rid of it.  I need a tummy tuck!  I asked for one for Mother’s Day.  But, obviously it’s out of the question.

I read about the scalpel free tummy tuck from Mamamio in Shape magazine and I really, really wanted to try that, but no spas around here offer it.  And the do it yourself kit is sold out.  I was in Sephora last night stocking up on moisturizer and mascara and I saw these:

Okay, I don’t really like the name of the product, but for $45 I thought maybe I should try it out.  It’s supposed to exfoliate and tighten.  I’m not sure it’s going to work, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?  Even if it works a little bit that would be great.  I’m not holding my breath, but I figured it can’t hurt!

And I’m super excited because these came in the mail yesterday!

Aren’t they beautiful?  I’m pretty sure hot pink running shoes will make me run faster!  I had to get new running shoes after my running coach saw some issues with the way I run.  Apparently I run on the inside of my feet so I need some support that will correct that.  I get to try these babies out tomorrow morning on my 50 minute run.  My longest run yet!  I’m scared!

The May Mom*tog Nike + challenge is done and of course my friend Jamie won.  She’s training for a half marathon!  I will do the challenge again next month if enough people are interested and enough people actually run!  A lot of you seemed to give up there in the middle 🙂  Leave a comment in this post with the email address that you use for your Nike + account (I can see your email address in the comment section!  You don’t have to actually leave it in the comment!).

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!

Comments

1. Carri says

You should try Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It’s a workout video that only last about 30 minutes. Perfect for those of us chasing around kids, short and sweet! Well it’s not really sweet, she is hard core! LOL It works wonders though. Within a week of doing level one I could tell a HUGE difference in my “jelly belly.”
    .-= Carri´s last blog ..It’s A Slippery Slope =-.

2. Andrea says

I agree, I think hot pink running shoes will make you run better and faster! 🙂

Let us know how that stuff works out. I’m currently trying to lost the last 10 lbs. of pregnancy weight baby weight and feeling the effects of the saggy skin.
    .-= Andrea´s last blog ..iheart: Sandals & Flip Flops =-.

3. Amanda says

Me again! You guys are all so fast, but slow and steady wins my race!

And please tell us how that stuff works out for you, I’ve been noticing more poochiness too! 🙁

4. Amanda says

Pink shoes will DEFINITELY help!!! I have some New Balance ones that look close to that but I haven’t cracked the box open yet!

When I was pregnant with Pierce I had the SAME problem – I was hungry ALL the time. It was a chore to eat – exactly as you said. I cried over having to eat more too. I literally woke up in the middle of the night in my first trimester and had to eat a Power Bar EVERY night!

You look great – you rock your bikinis this summer!!!
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..c party!! =-.

5. Freda says

I want to run in the challenge again. I couldn’t get my invite to work last month though.

Also, I had the same situation when I was pregnant with Sydney. Pre-e and all. Now I to have the belly pouch that makes me STILL look prego. Let us know if the fatgirlslim works.

6. christine says

I didn’t give up! I just didn’t sync. But I still wouldn’t have made the 50 miles since it’s my first month back running after a 4 year hiatus. And I have a 3 month old and no jogging stroller. Boo. I’ll keep trying, though.

And definitely keep us updated on the new products. =)

7. Christy says

I got a Nike+ for Mother’s Day. Can I join the challenge (with no intention of winning, just having accountability)? I only run 8 miles per week, max. I’m slowly building to more, but reallllllly slowly. I love the visual of my lame half walk/half runs, though. Gives me incentive to run without taking any breaks so my running chart looks nicer.

PS – I KNOW that my pretty pink running shoes make me run faster. Or at least more often.

8. LauraC says

Sign me up for Nike+! My email on Nike+ is lverhoff at hotmail.
    Everyone I know who has twinskin (which is a LOT of moms) swear by T-Tapp to help flatten the post-partum belly. Through the LUCKIEST TURN OF EVENTS EVER my twins were both over 6lbs and I had no stretch marks and no twinskin. Everything went back to normal. It’s all genetics!

PS. I found you via Erin. Erin and I are racing each other to 500 miles this year, we have a Nike+ challenge 500 miles in 2010. Erin is friends with Julie from Joy’s Hope.
    .-= LauraC´s last blog ..Another exciting milestone: lightning bugs =-.

9. Jamie B says

You crack me up! And I love love love the shoes!! After my race, I think I’m going to have to reward myself with some new shoes with hot pink in them too! If you look good, you feel good, then you run good!

But in all seriousness, if that scrub stuff works, you have to let me know. I need it for the last part of the jiggles that won’t go away on my rear side. LOL

10. Summer C. says

You’re so funny girl! Pink definitely will make you faster! At least look good while running! My second son was born almost 4 months ago and I feel like I still look pregnant. Just waiting for the day for someone to stop and ask if I am. Wouldn’t that be awful?! Please share if you feel that product worked. I need some tlc for this jelly belly. 🙂

11. mel says

I am glad to know that there is someone out there who gained more than I did preggo. With both girls, I gained over 50 pounds! And, I had morning sickness the first 24 weeks & didnt gain anything until then, so I gained 50 pounds the last 4.5 months. YIKES! Oh yeah, and my youngest was 9.6 pounds! So, that helped me lose 1/4 of the weight! I love your new pink Nike’s! i really want to join the challenge, but I dont have a nike plus….
    .-= mel´s last blog ..Not Yo Mama’s Banana Pudding =-.

12. Karlee says

Love the new shoes!!!! Very pretty, I love hot pink 🙂

13. Rachel says

I totally gave up with the challenge. And I also decided that screw it, I’m wearing a bikini next week in Jamaica. As long as all of my lady parts are covered up, I don’t care. If I can look at myself in the mirror, then I am cool with it. I want to do the challenge again, but I totally lost my motivation to get up at 4:30 to go run. Boo. Sign me up, anyways. Gotta tell you, seeing Jamie’s runs everyday made me feel like the slacker I am!
    .-= Rachel´s last blog ..LOST Finale– My Thoughts =-.

14. Jess says

Damn, you just crushed my hopes that my crunches were actually going to work on my tummy pooch. 6 months of exercising and I feel healthier, toned, and am at a good weight. But still have that baggy skin ’round my middle. Please, please, please keep us updated on the products!
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Field Day 2010 =-.

15. Emily says

LOVE the shoes! I have to add that the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred dvd is awesome! $9.99 at Target. 20 min a day and the workout will kick your tush and make you feel good when you are done! Love it. Oh…Please let us know if the scrub and cream help… I could use all the help I can get too! 😉

16. Heather says

I have the same problem with my stomach! I hate feeling like I still look pregnant! I hope the creams work and I LOVE your new shoes!
    .-= Heather´s last blog ..Baby Room =-.

17. Kimberly says

I love your new running shoes. I bought myself a pair of cute blue nikes and felt like I could run forever in those. There’s something special about getting new shoes.
    .-= Kimberly´s last blog ..My Mother’s Journey =-.

18. Pamala says

I’m the opposite while pregnant. I don’t want to eat at all. Have no need and am grossed out by food. People say that I’m lucky but to be honest this lack of eating has caused issues as well. And then forcing myself to eat just sucks. I’ve lost 20lbs so far for this pregnancy (I’m 36 weeks). But it’s really starting to wear on me not eating. Of course I’m fat already so in the end I’m not complaining about the loss.
    .-= Pamala´s last blog ..Can this come already… =-.

19. Danell says

I could barely eat in my first trimester, but after that- watch out! I’m saving up for my own pair of pink shoes right now:) If people are looking at my snazzy shoes maybe they will miss the jiggling butt!

20. I want to sign up! I got my sensor & my pouch! I’m ready! (i think!)

21. lauren says

started couch to 5k today and getting a nike+ tomorrow… sign me up!

22. Kimmie says

I ALMOST got those pink shoes, but the aqua Nike Zoom Equalon +3 fit like a glove. Er, a shoe. And if the shoe fits…

I slacked last month. I bought a treadmill and did NOTHING on it. So LAME. I am IN for another challenge! And WOOT on the 50 minute run- you’re awesome!
    .-= Kimmie´s last blog ..Blog Sugar High =-.

23. Elizabeth says

You’re hard core….you got a running coach now?! Geez, I’d like to sign up for the challenge but I don’t have a Nike+ and I’m lazy.

I gained almost 50lbs with my pregnancy. Not pretty when you’re only 5’2! Luckily, I’ve always been athletic and before pregnancy I was in really good shape, so I guess that helped a lot along with the breastfeeding. I’m not fit any more though. Even though I can wear most of my pre-pregnancy clothes my body is just different. I don’t have abs any longer…..but for me, it’s just not a priority like it used to be. I guess I let myself go because I do nothing active!!!! It makes me feel like a loser because I used to be fit and visibly toned. I even had a four pack! Now I couldn’t run around the house probably…..I’m what you call skinny fat. No muscle tone at all. Maybe if I had a new pair of shoes like your rockin’ pink ones I could get motivated.

By the way, I think you’re such an inspiration with this running thing!

P.S. Isn’t this the longest comment ever?!
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..The best $5 I ever spent =-.

24. Heather says

I have a Nike+ and am a (really slow!) runner 🙂 I would be VERY interested in a running challenge. I am considering challenging myself to run so many miles in June and rewarding myself with your UnManual (which I may want more than skinny jeans…seriously!)

25. I would love to do this challenge again in Aug. Will you be doing it again then??? It really helped push me in June! 🙂
    .-= Michelle Adams´s last blog ..P52 – 2010 – Week 29 =-.

26. good information, I have been using the P90X program for two months now. Lapsed a little over Christmas but im planning on hitting it again. Need all the tips I can get.