It’s here! It’s here! It’s here!
The UNmanual is DONE!
I started working on this guide last August and it’s turned out more amazing than I could have ever expected! I’m so excited for you to get your hands on it because I know it’s going to help all of you take control of your camera and take full advantage of that fancy DSLR you’ve been shooting on Auto!
The UNmanual is a guide that explains why your camera does what it does in English. When I got my first DSLR camera, I sat with my camera in one hand and my manual in the other. I quickly realized that the manual was written in a foreign language that I could not understand. I then enrolled in a community college photography course. After most classes, I walked out more confused than when I had started. One day I sat down with both my camera manual and my textbooks determined to understand how my camera really works. And I realized everyone was complicating the subject much more than I needed it to be. There’s no need for mathematical formulas or crazy charts. Once you break down the information you need to know and forget the information you don’t need, shooting in manual really isn’t that complicated!
The UNmanual is for beginner photographers who want to take control of their cameras. In the guide you will learn about your camera, what settings I shoot on and why, how to shoot on manual and properly expose an image. You will also learn about lighting and how to get great lighting. It is filled with pictures and examples! The information in the UNmanual is exactly what is covered in my mentoring sessions and in the Mom*tog Pro sessions, which I no longer offer. I am a Canon shooter, so the information in the guide is geared towards those with Canon cameras. I did my best to include the comparable settings for Nikon shooters.
The guide will go on sale tomorrow! It will be priced at $95, which will include an instantly downloadable copy AND a hard copy that will be mailed to you. But, you can be the first to win one today! Here’s how:
1) You need to be a mom! These giveaways are in honor of Mother’s Day so please only enter if you are a mom. I’m not going to ask for proof. I’m just going to trust that you are being honest
2) Leave a comment saying why you need the UNmanual.
3) Want extra chances to win? Here’s how:
* Follow @drew_b on Twitter and tweet: “The UNmanual from @drew_b is here! Win one today! Enter at http://momtog.com”
* Blog about the giveaway (with a link back to Mom*tog) and leave a separate comment here with your blog address.
* ”Like” Mom*tog on Facebook and leave a comment here saying that you’ve done so.
Contest ends at 9PM Pacific time on 5/5! All comments after 9PM will be deleted.
Thanks! I hope everyone is having fun with this week full of giveaways!
PS A HUGE thank you to Jamie, from So Divine Designs, for spending countless hours on making the design perfect! She is amazing!