Even if you are a mommy blogger and not a professional photographer, it’s a good idea to mark your images. I’m not a fan of big watermarks that take away from the picture, but a little one that let’s people know who took the picture is a great idea. That way if someone steals your picture and does not give you credit, they should be able to trace it back to the person who took it.
Making a logo brush is easy! The only thing you’ll need is Photoshop. Just follow these easy steps and in less than 5 minutes you’ll have your own, fancy watermark!
1) In Photoshop create a new document (click “file” and scroll down to “new”). You can make it whatever size you’d like, but the key to this step is to make sure you make the background “transparent”.
2) Click the “type” tool and then choose the font you’d like to use.
3) Adjust the size of the font and the color.
4) If you have multiple layers make sure to flatten them (Select “layer” and then “flatten image”). Then click “edit” and scroll down to “define brush preset”.
5) Name your brush whatever you’d like and now it is saved under your brush tools. You’ve just done all the hard work!
6) Now, you can close the image you just created and open up any web ready image. Click on the “brush” tool and you’ll see the watermark you created at the very end.
7) Simply click on the area of the image where you want your watermark and, wala! You did it! Now your photo looks all professional and fancy!
8) Be sure to save your image as a “copy” or under a new name so you do not save over the original image with your watermark.
Have fun making all your pictures look super professional and fancy!