16 Weeks

I swear my belly is bigger than that. A least it feels a heck of a lot bigger!

I really can’t believe how fast this pregnancy is going. It helps a lot to have a 3 year old who takes my mind off of everything. No time to think about myself this time around!

I feel like this pregnancy has been pretty different. During the first trimester I was super nauseous. And with Brayden I was a little queasy, but I mostly had pretty bad headaches. This time I had to spend most mornings in bed because I was so sick to my stomach. I never threw up, though. Well, that is until I got the stomach flu the day before my first trimester ended. That was cruel. I have a new found respect for women who throw up all day, every day. Seriously don’t know how you do it.

Another major difference is the weight gain. I don’t know exactly how much weight I had gained at this point with Brayden, but it had to have been over 10 pounds (probably more like 15). I know for sure I was wearing pants that were three sizes bigger. So far I’ve only gained 3 1/2 pounds, which is just crazy to me, and I wore my regular jeans up until today when I finally gave in to maternity jeans (SO comfy). With Brayden I gained well over 60 pounds. Don’t know exactly how much because I stopped looking at 60 for my emotional well being. I was BIG. And the kid made me eat all the time. I was starving every single second of every single day. I could never get full. This time I eat when I’m hungry and I eat what I want. But, I’m not craving sweets which is totally unusual because when I’m not pregnant that’s all I eat.

So, does this mean I’m having a girl? I don’t know. And I don’t really care. Of course I would love to have one of each, but a boy would be easier. We have all the boy stuff. And Brayden really wants a baby brother. He woke up having a nightmare a few weeks ago yelling, “I want a baby brother!”. We’re trying to convince him that a sister would be fun too. My Dad told him sisters are great because then they bring their hot friends over. That didn’t really win him over.

We’ll be having our ultrasound to find out in 2 weeks! Yeah!

Comments

1. Jess says

You look amazing! With my first pregnancy, I gained 15 lbs in the first 12 weeks! With my second, I was in maternity pants at 8 weeks! Honestly, my belly was as big as your 16 week one! I don’t even want to think about how big I’ll get with a third! :)
    Jess´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday- Jainas Triumph

2. You are adorable and I love B’s excitement.

I wouldn’t bet you are having a girl. I have so many friends who thought for sure they were having the opposite sex of their first child, due to how different they felt. Then, the baby came and it was the same. SO WHO KNOWS!!
    Amber Cullum´s last blog post ..Beester is 11 months old!!

3. Catherine says

So cute! I’m little so I showed early with both pregnancies (didn’t make it easy to hide!) My first was a perfect pregnancy, never got sick, felt great, wonderful. It was a boy. My second, I was sick (the throwing up at least every other day, not eating anything, or eating everything sick) for 18 weeks. I didn’t eat Thanksgiving dinner and just barely started to feel better for Christmas. I (and everyone else) thought for sure it was a girl. It was a boy! I wouldn’t have it any other way. Can’t wait to hear your big news!

4. The second pregnancy is SO different. It goes by a lot faster too. I, too, gained over 60 lbs with my first, and I think around 35 with my second. No time to eat all day! You look wonderful!
    Rachel McPhillips´s last blog post ..Disney Princess Media Event Re-cap

5. Meghan says

This picture is TOO CUTE! Who took it?? You look FAB and I can’t wait for the ultrasound news! My bet is on a girl. :)
    Meghan´s last blog post ..Natalia

6. Sarah P. says

You look fantastic! My second pregnancy was totally different than my first as well and I totally thought I was having a girl but I ended up with another boy. You’re so right, it’s so much easier having 2 boys. :)
    Sarah P.´s last blog post ..No poststemporarily

7. Amanda says

I am pregnant with boy #2…the first one I gained about 52lbs. This time around I am 36wks and at 30lbs…BIG difference! And I was way sicker the first trimester this time around than last. Every pregnancy is different, even if it’s the same sex:) And let me tell you, it’s nice not having to buy everything all over again! So I am saying it’s probably another boy:)
    Amanda´s last blog post ..Newborn Session- Lauren

8. Cat Watson says

Pregnant with my second and I have found some of the same things true–mainly I have gained less weight and I think it has to do with running after a toddler. And, thrilled to be having a boy, but b/c I already have a girl, there is more to think about in terms of what I need. I’ll admit though, I love baby clothes shopping:) Seriously hilarious what your dad said to Brayden, I laughed out loud! You look great, can’t wait to find out what you’re having!

9. GayleV says

Super cute picture of the both of you!! I sometimes wondered why each pregnancy was so different. It didn’t make any sense to me especially when most of my pregnancies were girls. I gained like 10 pounds total with my first and like 45 with my last! Part of me hopes that you are having a boy–for Brayden’s sake. But I know you would love a girl, too! Can’t wait to here which it is (assuming that you will share it with us ;) !)

10. Kathleen says

you look adorable. are we allowed to guess the gender? ;)

11. Jenna says

You’re rockin’ those Joe’s!!

12. Nicolasa says

Wow! You look awesome! Cute photo!

13. christine blaylock says

you look adorable!! maybe I am pregnant because I feel a little teary just seeing that little baby bump … he he I know silly. your little man is so stinking cute!!!

14. Karlee says

You look so great! Brayden is such a cutie :)
    I am 17 weeks pregrant and I feel HUGE! I also gained a ton on weight (70 lbs) with my first pregnancy and I am hoping to keep it down to 35 lbs this time. Are you going to find out what you are having?
    Congrats!

15. Megan says

You look cute, Brayden looks cute, this picture is cute!! :)

16. Summer C. says

You look great! I’m going to guess GIRL!
    Summer C.´s last blog post ..Vlog 2

17. Melissa says

You look awesome! I love the photo:) (Did you set your camera up on a tripod, or did someone take it?) I bet little B will be a super brother either way…boy or girl!

18. Jamie B says

So so so cute! You better be careful that Chuck doesn’t quite his day job and become a photographer.. this is a pretty good shot. Which I’m sure the set up came from an even more amazing photographer. lol. Love this! Oh, and BTW… I know this is your blog… but do you really need to brag that you’ve only gained 3 1/2 pounds? HA! love ya!

19. Christina Dely says

Oh my gosh this picture is too cute! Congrats!

20. Kelly says

what an adorable picture. each pregnancy is different. i just wanted a health baby with each of my pregnancies. please let us know what you are having. :-)

21. Lisa says

This is such a cute picture! I’m curious if you are still running?!
    Lisa´s last blog post ..Babies

22. Lisa A. says

You looks great Drew! What a cute little bump! I know how you feel because with my first I gained 65lbs! I was also sick all the time and always hungry. After the last pregnancy I’m afraid to do it all over again lol. Maybe in another couple years I will be ready. I hope I look as cute as you the second time around :)
    Lisa A.´s last blog post ..Photo A Day- Day 13

23. DrewB says

I wish! I ran until I was about 7 or 8 weeks. Then with the queasiness plus getting sick (cold, strep through, upper respiratory infections) I had to stop. I’m thinking about trying again next week. Doctor said it was totally fine.

24. DrewB says

My blog. I can do what I want :) If you would have gained 70 pounds the first time you’d be bragging about only gaining 3.5 too! Just because you’re so skinny when you’re pregnant doesn’t mean that all of us are that lucky ;)

25. DrewB says

My husband did. I did the settings, but he did a great job. He was totally focusing and recomposing. He must have read the UNmanual ;)

26. kim says

You make me laugh and yes, you just described each and everyone of my girl pregnancies to a “T”.

27. Stefanie says

Congratulations! I’m so behind on blogs, and just saw your news! Your baby bump is so cute! I just turned 17 weeks on Monday, and I’m still waiting for my bump to show. I think the extreme morning sickness that I have is keeping it away!
    Stefanie´s last blog post ..A Few Of My Favorite Things

28. So cute!! Did you use a remote trigger? I’m hoping that if I’m lucky enough to have a #2 that I won’t gain as much weight this time around.. of course I weigh a good 10 lbs more than I did before #1, so I’d better not LOL!
    Ariana Falerni (aka becomingmom)´s last blog post ..Everything is Beautiful on Jasper Street

29. Sara B says

Yeah, based on that, I totally call girl. :) I only had a net gain of 15 lbs. with my daughter and had horrible morning sickness for months. I gained around 40 with my son and almost no morning sickness; I was hungry and huge.

30. Michelle says

I can’t wait to tickle those armpits! On Brayden I mean, just to clear up any confusion.

31. Julie says

You are super cute. Brayden is super cute. Your fetus is super cute.
    Yay!!!!
    Julie´s last blog post ..Spices and Teerget

32. Shelley Morrison says

You look fantastic!! I was so nauseated with my second pregnancy as well and gained half the weight. I thought for sure I was having a girl (I have a son and the pregnancy was so different). But, I’m having another boy! My son is thrilled because he wanted a baby brother (I was hoping for a girl). I am so excited now to be having another boy now though!

Good luck at your ultrasound, and whether it be a boy or girl, I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy & baby!!!

33. laura h says

LOVE this pic! so sweet!

34. Ohh, this picture is adorable and I am so excited to hear if you will be having a boy or a girl!
    Bobbie Brown´s last blog post ..Miscellaneous Monday

35. Vinnie says

You have the cutest bump!! You look fantastic! I’m going to guess girl. :)
    Vinnie´s last blog post ..The W Family