20 Weeks

I’m 20 weeks today.  Halfway there!  Or, hopefully more than halfway there if I’ll be having a c-section at 39 weeks.

The last month has been good.  I’ve gotten my appetite back (which is evident by the 5 1/2 pounds I gained this month).  Nausea is gone.  Getting big, but not too uncomfortable yet.  My biggest complaint is my horrible insomnia.  I have maybe slept through the night twice since I’ve been pregnant.  I’m a horrible sleeper anyways, but I think it’s just cruel and unusual punishment to have insomnia while pregnant.  Shouldn’t you be getting as much rest as you can before the baby comes?  I know my body is getting ready to be up all night with a newborn, but I think my body should be taking advantage of the time that I can sleep.  My doctor was kind enough to prescribe me a sleep aid, so we’ll see if that works.

I’ve been feeling the baby move a lot more in the past few weeks.  I started feeling “flutters” at 13 1/2 weeks, which just seems crazy early to me.  Every week she’s gotten stronger and stronger.  She loves it when her daddy puts his hands on my stomach and just goes crazy!  I’m a little nervous about how active she is and how much these kicks are going to be hurting by the time I’m 39 weeks pregnant!  Ouch!

Comments

1. Karyn R says

okay seriously – can B’s expression be any cuter!?! congrats on making it halfway! only less than halfway to go! =)

2. Meghan says

So cute! B is going to make such an awesome big brother! He’s seems super excited already. 🙂 And might I just say how awesome YOU look! Congrats on the halfway mark! She will be here before you know it! 🙂
    Meghan´s last blog post ..Zander Temecula- CA

3. Monick S. says

Dosen’t the 2nd one go by SO fast!? before you know it she will be here!
    Monick S.´s last blog post ..Bitty Daisy Bloom

4. Tonya says

you look amazing! I am so happy that you are having another one…and a little girl to change your world! Hope you get some sleep! xoxo

5. YAY!!! I think we’re due close to the same time as I’m 20 weeks too 🙂 I read your 16 week update just now and this pregnancy sounds a lot like Brayden’s with the headaches and weight gain–with this baby it just keeps coming no matter what!!!!!

6. Lacey says

Brayden’s face is amazing!! He looks so HAPPY! And you look GREAT… you’re a gorgeous pregnant mama!

7. Ohhh! 20 weeks is always such a great mile-stone in pregnancy! Congrats!! Hope you get some much needed sleep soon 🙂

8. Erica says

You look GREAT! not sure I ever looked that tiny with my second or third….at 20 weeks. Enjoy every movement, that was my favorite part of the pregnancy!

9. molly says

Oh my goodness, you are seriously adorable! You make me miss my baby bump!

I love the look of your blog. It’s so cute!
    molly´s last blog post ..Welcome to Our New Home

10. Amber says

I LOVE this picture…sending to my preggo friends! So cute!

11. Erica Foley says

This picture is PERFECT in every way! And you really do have the most adorable baby bump 🙂 Congrats on making it to the 1/2 way mark .. She’ll be here before you know it!