Chain Gang

I was inspired to make a paper chain backdrop after seeing this awesome dessert table backdrop on Pinterest.

I originally made it for a sweet one year old’s birthday shoot, but after all the work I put into it I decided to use it for Kennedy’s Easter pictures as well.

We all know how to make paper chains.  Super easy.  Although it was a bit more time consuming than I expected.  This backdrop took me 3 hours to make.  If you have older kids this would be an awesome project to get their help with.  And a paper cutter also is super helpful!

I strung my paper chains on my backdrop stand in my studio, but you could easily attach them to the ceiling or even tape or pin them to a wall.

Overall, a super easy project and I love the outcome!

Comments

1. katie s says

Way cute! I’m thinking of doing this for a church party I have coming up…I just need to find 3 hours of uninterrupted (ha!) time to make them :)

2. Julie says

So rad. Worth each and every of the 180 minutes it took. So glad you used it again. Now to think of 58 more uses.
    Julie´s last blog post ..Happy Easter Sunday.

3. SUCH a cute idea for a photo backdrop, especially for the little ones.
    I definitely will be doing this in the future.

4. Angela says

Amazing backdrop but, it does look super time consuming!
    Angela´s last blog post ..He is Risen!

5. Gayle S says

Love this! I saw it on yesterday’s post and was wondering how you did it! What a great idea!!
    Thanks for sharing

6. alexandra says

very creative and easy :)

7. Karen says

So cute! Love this idea! I bought a VIP backdrop for my daughters Sweet 16 which is next month. The stand you have displayed would be perfect for me to put the backdrop on. Can you tell me where I could find a stand like that? Thanks so much!

8. Abrie says

This is such a cute idea! What kind of paper was used for it and where did you get that kind of paper?