Kennedy’s First Birthday Party

I’ve waited a long time to get to throw a girly birthday party.  And since Kennedy has red hair and Brayden has been into the Little Mermaid recently I went with a mermaid theme.  It was a perfect day and my only regret is not hiring a photographer to take pictures.  I always think I can do it, but I get too busy and never get as many pictures as I’d like.  Oh, well.  Next time.

The cake is the most important part of a party to me.  I had my heart set on a specific cake since February only to learn it was $600.  Boo.  I settled on this cake and I actually think I liked it better.  It tasted as good as it looked.  From my favorite bakery Beverly’s Best.

We served brunch so I “tried” to make donuts.  It wasn’t as easy as I thought.  These ones tasted okay.  The others were just decorations and were hard as rocks.

You know what stinks?  Spending hours making a yarn wrapped wreath only to have it fall off mid party and break into three pieces.

Birthday girl!

It’s tiring being the birthday girl.

Yep.  Still hated her cake.

Comments

1. Mariana says

You did an excellent Job Drew! On my son’s 1st Bday party, I had no time to take detail shots, I was running around setting everything up and then enjoying the party. I totally agree that hiring a photographer, even just for an hour or two is a good investment.
    Mariana´s last blog post ..Prices

2. Jessica says

What an adorable theme! Love all the decorations!, and Kennedy looked beautiful! Love that huge 1!!!

3. what a beautiful party. the details are all so cute. love her red hair and little curls! happy birthday to your girl!
    Andrea Worley´s last blog post ..on being "busy."

4. Marissa says

I love this theme! Where did you get that cute aqua skirt for Kennedy?

5. Jamie B says

Cute beautiful party for a sweet, cute and beautiful girl!!! So sad to have missed it! She’s lucky to have you as her mommy!!!
    Jamie B´s last blog post ..Pretty Much Sums it Up

6. lacey says

Amazing! Your pom poms turned out perfect! I’ve made a handful of them before and they never turn out that cute! Great work mama!

7. Lani says

This is so cute and fun!! Happy birthday Kennedy!!

May I ask where you got the flag pendants?

8. Samantha says

What a gorgeous birthday girl and her party looked like so much fun!!!! Did you make those frames on the shelves? I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jennifer says

Drew,
    Everything turned out perfect!!! Your decor, the details and (of course) the Bday girl were beautiful. Thanks for the including the photos of the cake!

10. Angela says

Hey, I’m interested in how you made those lovely blue Pom Pom decorations? Gorgeous party.

11. Krystal says

I have looked everywhere for a number 1 that is that large. Is it made or did you find it somewhere? And if so, where?

12. Julia says

I love this this party! Definitely giving me lots of ideas for my daughters 2nd birthday!

13. Rohn Gupta says

nice party theme i also like it