Mom*tog Memory – Baking With My Boy

I remember when my mom would let me bake cookies with her.  It’s honestly my very favorite childhood memory.  Just time alone with my mom.  And now it’s one of my favorite things to do with Brayden.  He loves doing things by himself and while it’s hard for me to let go, a little eggshell in the cookie dough never killed anyone, right?

We used to bake a lot before Kennedy was born.  So, while she napped on Friday we baked.  And I thought it was the perfect time to get out the remote shutter to snap a couple of pictures of us doing our favorite thing together.

Canon 5D Mark II, 50 1.2

F 2.0, 1/200, ISO 800

Posted in: UncategorizedPosted by:

Comments

1. Rachael says

How did you take these photos with the remote shutter? I mean in the second pic your hands are open, so did you press it with your foot? :) Such awesome photos of sweet memories. Thanks for the reminder. I need to do this more often with my kids (take pics of us together).

2. DrewB says

Rachael – It has a 10 second delay. I hit the button and then I hid it behind the bowl :)

3. Tara says

So cute! Do you use a tripod or just set it on a table? If tripod, do you have a recommendation?

4. Natasha says

Love these photos! Ok, def need to get a remote shutter

5. What type of tripod did you use?

6. DrewB says

If you click on the linked post (where it says “remote shutter”) I talk about the tripod.

7. Amber says

These are SO adorable Drew!! He will cherish them and they are inspiring for us other moms to get in the picture too! Cute, cute!!
    Amber´s last blog post ..Starlight & Comet

8. AH! I am totally in love with these. Totally!

9. Jenny G says

I love these. I’ve been dreaming of getting on cute aprons with my little ones and making Christmas cookies and documenting it with pictures. This might have just inspired me to follow through with it!
    Jenny G´s last blog post ..Megan the Senior

10. ursula says

Love these photos oh so much!

11. Nicole says

I absolutely love these. These photographs capture the sweet and precious moments perfectly! I love my remote shutter. One of my favorite gifts and makes taking self-portraits that much easier.